Sunday 11 September 2016

Catrice High Glow Mineral Highlighting Powder


This is the highlighter that has been getting raved about by everyone over the past couple of weeks. I bought it months ago and had forgotten about it up until recently. Apparently it sells out all the time and Catrice can't keep it on the shelves. Once I heard the ravings start up again over the last couple of weeks I dug this out again and started to give it another go. I have been pretty obsessed with MAC's Soft & Gentle, and have been using it pretty consistently since I bought it last year. But since it was getting such rave reviews, I switched them out in my make-up bag. 

Starting off with the packing of it, you are really getting what you pay for here. It is cheap and cheerful, no frills or anything exciting. But in this case the product inside is worth ten times more. At first sight you see the silver compact and it does look a little intimidating in the pan. But it does not swatch as stark as it looks in the compact. It is a lot more subtle than Soft & Gentle but it does have the same idea behind it. It is a silver champagne highlighter that gives a gorgeous sheen to the skin. I think it does have the risk of running a little glittery if you over do it. But if you have a light hand with the brush it definitely has the potential to look gorgeous! I have been wearing it on an everyday basis lately and for work it does look gorgeous but if I was looking for a highlight to wear on a night out (or if I'm feeling a little more dramatic) then I would still be reaching for the likes of Champagne Pop or Soft & Gentle.

It doesn't wear particularly well but for the price you are getting what you pay for in that department. For €5.50 you would never be stuck for a highlighter! If you spot it at a Catrice counter, grab it!


No comments:

Post a Comment