Wednesday 16 September 2015

Current Beauty Favourites


Yes I know. I'm back again. This time I'm back for good, I swear. I have really fallen off the blogging bandwagon the past couple of months but I am back and ready to share lots with you. I may have not been blogging as much the past few months, but I definitely have not stopped shopping! I'm going to share my current favourites with you today because I didn't do an August favourites but I still want to show you what I have been loving lately.



Blank Canvas Pippa Palette
Over the past few weeks I have been staying away from home alot and needed to fine tune my make-up bag. This palette has been pretty much all I've been wearing on my face since getting it. It has six very wearable everyday shades, a blusher, bronzer and the most beautiful highlighter. I have been using the shade "Tobi" all over my lid with a little bit of "Dodo" through the crease. I find the shadows very easy to work with, long lasting and a great combination of colours to create any amount of different eye looks. The highlighter in this palette has taken over from my beloved Mary Lou-Manizer. It is just fabulous! I did crack the mirror on my travels which I'm devastated about but thankfully it didn't affect any of the powders. I would 100% recommend you pick up this palette, especially if you are a girl on the go and like to have everything you need in one spot!




Cocoa Brown 1hr Tan Dark
My love for Cocoa Brown is no secret, but I recently picked up the 1hr tan in the darker version and I have been obsessed! It gives such a gorgeous deep colour. It is the easiest tan to apply, it's a tinted mousse formula which means you can see exactly where you are putting it. You can leave it on for an hour and get a lovely natural shade or if you like a more intense colour like me, leave it on over-night and wash it off in the morning. It doesn't have that usual tan smell that alot of other tans have as they develop which is always a bonus. I find I can get a good five days out of wearing this before it needs a top up. All time favourite tan, and I won't use anything else!



No.7 "Graceful" Lipgloss
Recently No.7 had their 80th anniversary, and to celebrate they launched some limited edition products. They released a limited edition highlighter, two eyeshadows palettes and three lipglosses. I picked up one of the lip-glosses in "Graceful" to try out and was pleasantly surprised. It has a gorgeous creamy formula, similar to the formula of the NYX Butter Glosses which I am a big fan of. It has a lovely tint of colour, and is surprisingly long-lasting for a lip-gloss. It contains jojoba oil which leaves your lips feeling nourished and moisturized.

Smashbox Matte Tech Brow Pencil
I felt that my brows just weren't working for me lately so I invested in this newbie from Smashbox. I picked up the shade "Taupe" which works well for me. The nib on the pencil is one of the smallest that I've used, and the pencil itself is very soft and easy to work with. It makes it so easy to mimic the look of hairs on the brow. It gives a lovely defined look to my brows, and it is the perfect pencil to amp up the brow look or just to create a nice everyday look.



Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
Rimmel recently relaunched their Match Perfection foundation. I was a fan of the original formula so I decided to pick it up. It claims to have 24hr moisture hydration and a pore blurring effect. You all know that my all time favourite foundation is Nars Sheer Glow, and I actually think this is quite similar. It's not as long lasting but when you first apply it, it gives the same flawless, dewy finish. It has very good coverage, and does a good job at covering any imperfections. I use the shade 100 Ivory which I think is the lightest in the range. 

So those are the fews bits that I have been reaching for the past couple of weeks while I have been off the grid! Have you tried any of them? Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. Nice favourites post! That palette looks gorgeous! I'm also a fan of the Rimmel Match Perfection!!

    Adele-Marie | One Girls Obsession With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cocoa Brown Tan is great. I love that it's so easy to apply and pretty much fool proof!

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This palette looks so good, the shades would be perfect for me! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rimmel match perfection foundation is my holy grail foundation, there is nothing better :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love the Rimmel match perfection I don't know why I stopped using it, and that glass looks like such a nice colour!

    MeEmBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can actually buy Rimmel match perfection (and all Rimmel foundations) in 010 light porcelain which is even lighter than Ivory. It's such a life saver for me being so pale!

    ReplyDelete