Monday 11 May 2015

Barry M | Speedy Quick Dry Polishes


 I have recently gone through a phase of absolutely loving painting my nails. The past couple of months I haven't really been bothered with my nails. The polish didn't seem to last and I was just a bit bored with all the colours and then I got Gels so I didn't need to paint them. But over the past couple of weeks I have rekindled my love for nail polish and I am putting it down to this new collection from Barry M. It is called the Speedy Quick Dry collection and is available in stores and online now.

The first thing that attracted me to the collection was the selection of colours, on the shelf they all looked so pretty together and individually they work amazingly well. I don't think there is a colour out of the collection that I wouldn't wear which is really rare for me because there is always one that I don't like. But I did restrain myself to three shades - Pole Position, In a Heart Beat and Eat My Dust. Pole Position is a muted lime green, In a Heart Beat is a coral/pink shade and In a Heart Beat is a pastel blue/grey. I have been rotating these colours over the past few weeks and I am more than impressed with them. 


Firstly the brush. Barry M finally has the fan brushes on their nail polishes! I have been a massive fan of Barry M polishes for years but the only thing that always bothered me were the skinny brushes! Don't need to worry about that anymore- with the new brushes all you need is one swipe and it coats the whole nail perfectly in product. I found that two coats is needed to get opacity and full colour pay off. They have lasted well for me, and even though I have been at work and have been giving my nails abuse they have come through with minimal chipping. I have just been wearing my usual Sally Hanson Insta-Dry top coat with them (I am all about the quick dry polishes!) and I found that with the combination of the two polishes that my nails are dry almost instantly. 

I have seen online that there are new shades being released so I will definitely be picking some up! I think Barry M have really done well with this collection and I am a massive fan!

5 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try these polishes for a while but couldn't pick between the shades haha... Love the ones you've got, will definitely be picking up In a Heart Beat and Pole Position after seeing your swatches :) Thanks!

    Molly
    whatmollyloves.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colours Danielle - so pretty!

    Emma | http://www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I still haven't tried these, such gorgeous colours x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  4. danielle, these are absolutely gorgeous. i have been eyeing these polishes up for a while now, but barry m has always been hit & miss for me - i find that they turn gloopy after a short period of time and are just impossible to apply. but i am so in love with these colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I never knew they changed the brush, that's brilliant! I do own a fair few Barry M from the original ranges but kinda lost interest after the Gelly ones, I wonder if they've changed the brushes on all of their polishes!

    ReplyDelete