Thursday 2 April 2015

March Beauty Favourites


March has been a month of lots of new discoveries and bold make up purchases! It was my birthday last month so I did treat myself to one or two new bits and bobs, which is totally allowed right? I have looked back and realised I have only blogged twice since my last favourites so a major slap on the wrist for me and (yet another) promise that I will do better this month...I swear! 


Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream
This is not a new product to my collection and has been mentioned in a favourites before but I felt I had to include it again because I have been using it so much this past month! It has been so quick and easy to just slap on (not literally obvs..) in the mornings and go. For a CC Cream it gives amazing coverage and lasts reasonably well throughout the day! I find it gives my skin a really radiant glow and just makes it look a little bit healthier while avoiding looking cakey! It also has SPF15 in it, which is great because as the days are getting brighter and sunnier I am becoming more conscience of applying a SPF to my face. The only problem I have with it is that the shade range is limited. I think there are only three shades which is a major downfall because I do think if they had a bit more variety it would do really well! But if you fit into one of the shade ranges, I would definitely recommend you give this a try for the perfect "everyday base".


Boots Botanics Radiance Balm
I have seen alot of hype about this product over the past few weeks and when I spotted it had gone down to half price in Boots, well I just had to pick it up! I have a full review of this coming in the next couple of days, but I have been using this so much since I've gotten it and in so many different ways too! Under foundation, mixed in with foundation and as a cheekbone highlighter! I've even used it on my collarbone to highlight them for a night out! It is incredibly lightweight and blends in so easily. There is not a hint of shimmer or glitter in it, instead it leaves a gorgeous sheen to the skin. It has been compared to MAC's Strobe Cream too, so ladies if you're thinking of buying that check this one out first for a quarter of the price!!


Smashbox Contour Palette
Well you all knew this was going to be featuring this month. I have not stopped using this since the day I got it, and I just can't rave about it enough! It is the perfect palette for contouring, bronzing and setting my under-eye makeup while brightening too. The powders are really amazingly pigmented and so easy to work with. They blend out lovely and trust me when I say a little goes a long way! The contour shade is absolutely perfect to create that more natural shadow under the cheekbones with a little bit of a grey undertone to it. The bronzer is matte so it can also be used if you are looking for a warmer contour some days and works really well all over the face too. The highlight shade, as I said I am using to set my under-eye concealer and it is so lightweight and brightening it is absolutely perfect for the job. I actually can not recommend this palette enough and it has fast become a staple in my everyday routine! 

Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt
This is a fragrance I have been lusting over for months. I smelt it back when it first came out in Brown Thomas and instantly fell in love. My boyfriends very generous mum bought me a bottle for my Birthday and I was so excited about it! Everything about Jo Malone screams luxury, right down to the packaging for the bottle of perfume itself. The scent is really unlike anything I would normally wear (Alien, Illamasqua Freak- more deeper scents) This is quite a fresh, crisp scent and it reminds me so much of the seaside! I know I should be using it sparingly but I just can't help myself- it is too beautiful and it is my signature scent of Spring this year! 

MAC "Stroke of Midnight" Palette
Again, I'm sure it's no surprise this is featuring in my monthly favourites. I have many posts on Instagram featuring this little beauty and it has pushed all other neutral palettes out of my make-up bag this month. MAC really got it right with this palette in my opinion. It is the perfect selection of nudes with a slightly darker shade which is perfect if you want to go for a slightly more smokey eye. As always the quality of the shadows from MAC are amazing and really pigmented! As far as I know the collection is completely sold out but if you can get your hands on this palette then you really do need to get it in your life!

A final favourite I wanted to mention are my gel nails. I got them done for my birthday and have fallen in love. I was worried because they'd be slightly longer than my natural nails that I wouldn't be able to do anything with them but they are amazing! The colour goes with every outfit (even though it might be slightly boring) and I adore the stiletto shape. I got them done by Amy, seriously ladies check out her facebook page, she is one talented lady! 

6 comments:

  1. The botanics radiance balm looks great, I've been looking for a liquid highlighter type of product so I may have to pick that up! Lovely post xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bourjois CC Cream is amazing, i bought this last year and love it. I think it will be a much used product in the summer x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the Botanics Radiance looks fab, I need a high street highlighting product to replace my Benefit High Beam, that's a little more affordable. There is nothing better than glowing skin. Being a Disney Fan Girl, I need to get my hands on the Stoke of Midnight Palette if I can, the colours are beautiful!


    http://shebearacharmedlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really need to try out the Bourjois CC cream.

    Alisha x
    http://alishaxa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the sound of the radiance balm, I'd not heard of that before so I'm definitely going to check it out when I'm in Boots.
    I'm a big fan of the Bourjois 123 perfect foundation so I'm going to see how the CC cream compares and see if it works for me.

    PhotoJennic 
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try the Bourjois CC Cream, really in need of an alternative to my foundation, for work, summer weather and exercise x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete