Tuesday 4 November 2014

Bourjois Smoky Stories | Good Nude


 Bourjois eyeshadows were never something that caught my attention. They were always a little too sparkly for my liking and just not pigmented enough for me. Over the past couple of weeks they have released their new "Smokey Eye" quads which caught my eye. Three metallic shades with one glitter shade in the middle- almost along the same lines as the beautiful Charlotte Tilbury palettes. There are 8 different varietys/shades of palettes but of course I picked the neutrals and went for 05 Good Nude. 

In the past I have steered clear from anything shimmery/glittery on my eyelids- purely because I have hooded eyes and I feel that these kinds of shadows emphasize this. But over the past couple of months I have been dabbling more so with shimmers (combined with mattes) and this eyeshadow palette has fast become one of my favourites. The shades in this are more cooler in tone which I prefer on my skintone and of course they are all brown/neutral shades so they are perfect for everyday wear. As you can see from the swatches below they are all amazingly pigmented and the quality of the shadows are all amazingly soft and buttery. For everyday I use the lightest shade on my lid and the darker shades blended into the crease. I don't reach for the glitter shade very much but with the Christmas season looming, I know that I will be getting so much use of it! 

The only problem I have with the palette is that the glitter tends to fall out over the other shades and all over the palette as you can see from the pictures, and it just tends to get a little messy but nothing that a brush can't fix!



6 comments:

  1. I need to try this! It looks great x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the three darker shades, the really glittery shade I could live without but Its a gorgeous palette.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shades in this palette! I see what you mean about the glitter shade but the others look gorgeous! xx
    http://cocoamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these shades are stunning! I think I will just have to get this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shades are all gorgeous and look so pigmented x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous shades, I steer clear of Bourjois shadows because I find them too shimmery too x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete