Wednesday 8 October 2014

The Balm | Mary Lou Manizer

  
It was the Jemma Kidd All Over Radiance Cream in Iced Gold that truly sparked my obsession with highlighters. Since that has sadly been discontinued I have been on the hunt to find something equally as good. I do have my favourite cream highlighter the No.7 Instant Radiance which I have reviewed here, but there are days where I'm not in the mood for cream products and just want the convenience of a powder. I had heard rave reviews on many of The Balm's products - in particular the Mary-Lou Manizer so I eventually gave in as I always do and ordered it. I ordered from Cloud 10 Beauty and as always the parcel arrived beautifully packaged and really quickly. Of course as soon as it arrived I had it on my cheek bones within minutes, and a couple of minutes after that I had an Instagram picture up of it asking where it had been all my life. This highlighter is absolutely amazing. I have used it everyday since getting it and have gotten so many compliments and questions on what I'm wearing. 


First off the packaging - it is cute, compact and sturdy. Everything we could ever want. You get so much product for your money - 8.5g to be exact- and since you need only the tiniest amount I can imagine this will last for a very long time. It also comes with a mirror in the compact which is always an nice addition. The powder itself is just so ridiculously pigmented. The smallest touch of a brush will do both my cheeks and down the centre of my nose. It is a champagne coloured highlighter which are my favourite shade for my skin-tone as I think it is the most flattering and natural looking. The effect this highlighter gives to the tops of my cheekbones is just out of this world. It gives such a natural looking radiance to the skin without the slightest hint of glitter. As I said before you really do need the tiniest amount of this product to get the desired effect. It is really easy to get a little too "brush happy" with this one so go in light-handed ladies! 

If you love your highlighters you NEED this beauty in your life! You won't regret it promise. It's available online here from Cloud10Beauty. Let me know if you have tried this highlighter and what your thoughts are! Also let me know what your all time favourite highlighter is!


3 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this, I'd love to try it as it looks stunning! xx
    Ellie | eleanormaes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so beautiful! i always forget to use highlighters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so extremely pretty isn't it! The Balm products really do intrigue me, I'm yet to try anything from the brand.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete