Friday 11 April 2014

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo +



Hello Lovelies,

You all have probably heard about the original Effaclar Duo, it took the beauty community by storm nearly two years ago - and not being one to let a band wagon pass me by I hopped on and absolutely loved it! It made such a difference to the way my skin looked and the texture of it. All the little under the skin bumps disappeared and it helped speed up recovery time of any blemishes that might appear. Sounds like holy grail material doesn't it?

This year La Roche Posay upped their game and released the Effaclar Duo + which is the same basic product so it still helps fight blemishes both on the surface of the skin and underneath and helps reduce any redness also, but this new product also has the additional features (is that the right word to use?) which helps reduce any redness or scarring that may appear after the spot has gone. I have always suffered with discoloration after a spot, I could have a red mark where a spot has been for weeks after the spot has disappeared which is as much of a pain as having the actual spot! 

I found the Effaclar Duo + to have a slightly thicker consistency to the original which was quite watery. Since starting to use this at the beginning of March I have seen such an improvement. I moved straight onto this one from the original so my skin was still smooth and breakouts were limited, but I did notice the scarring and redness that was present on my skin at the time started to fade a lot quicker than it normally would. I mentioned before that my skin went a bit mad in March and I was really dreading how long it would take for it to get back to normal, once I sorted out the dryness this helped with the blemishes and redness. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better! La Roche Posay are so sure of their product (and who could blame them?!) that they are actually running a money back guarantee if you don't see a difference in your skin! I would definitely recommend you give this a go, whether you have tried the original or are new to the whole Effaclar Duo scene, it's definitely worth trying - plus you'll get your money back if you don't like it! 

What are your thoughts on the new Effaclar Duo +? Available to buy online here!

7 comments:

  1. I must be the only person in the world who hasn't tried this product yet but you're making me want to go buy this now!
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't know whether to try this or not. Does it work on existing scars?

    Bamboozle Beauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really want to try this, it sounds so fabulous x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The original Effaclar duo is my holy grail skincare product too and I'm coming to the end of my current tube, will be interesting to see how this works on existing scars! Very interested to try, great review!
    Last Season's Coat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab and actually works it's a spot saviour great review

    Laura x

    Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this. It sounds great. I'll definitely be picking this up!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard way too many rave reviews about this! I have to try it! x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete