Monday 31 March 2014

March Beauty Favourites








Hello Lovelies!

I can not believe we are at the end of March already! I am so happy the clocks have changed so we have that extra bit of light in the evenings...I'm sure bloggers everywhere can relate! So since it is the last day of the month I thought I would share (as usual) the products I have been loving throughout the month! I do have a lot of new products that I have discovered this month because it was my birthday in March and of course there was a little bit of shopping done.

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
This is much loved foundation throughout the beauty community and I finally bit the bullet and gave into the hype. I bought it when I was up in Dublin at the beginning of this month and have been using it everyday since!I am planning on dedicating an entire blog post about how I feel about this foundation but I will just say I like it. Very very much. It gives amazing coverage without feeling heavy on the skin, it brightens and gives you that "glow" that everyone seems to want. The only thing I would say is that it can tend to cling a little bit to dry skin so just be wary of that if you want to give it a go! I am in the shade Mont Blanc, but I'm planning on getting a shade or two darker for when I'm wearing a bit of tan(which is most of the time!)

Nails Inc Porchester Square
I have previously expressed my love for the Nails Inc Gel Effect polish in Kensington High Street here, so I thought I would put Porchester Square in this post to show the love to both. I have actually been going between Porchester Square and Kensington High Street this month. The shine from these polishes is amazing and I have been asked so many times if I have Shellac on my nails while wearing them. They last for ages on my nails and I love both colours equally!

Nuxe Reve De Miel Lipbalm
I eventually caved and bought this lipbalm, not only in pot form but in stick form too - so it's a good thing I actually like it because it's not the cheapest! Since starting to use this my lips have been in amazing condition! It's a brilliant lipbalm to apply before lipstick too as it's matte and it helps lipstick glide on and look amazing! Again I have raved about this here so I won't go on too much!

No.7 Instant Radiance Highlighter
I can't remember if I have included this in a monthly favourites before but I have been using this so much this month. Because I was away from home a lot I wanted everything to be as compact as possible, so I pulled this from my drawers and have been loving it! I'm not sure if it is limited edition because I thought I heard a rumour it was ages ago but they are still available on the No.7 counter so hopefully that was just a nasty false rumour! Since it is in stick form it is so handy for carrying around and super quick to apply! It gives the nicest glow to your skin, it's not at all glittery. I use this in all the usual spots, tops of my cheekbones, cupids bow and eyebrow bone and if I want to add a bit more to it for nights out etc. I pop a bit of my Nars Copacabana on top!

MAC Pure Zen
I bought this at the start of the month and it has been my go to nude lip since. You all know I love a more neutral lip and am a big fan of the Hues and Shy Girls of the lipstick world so when I seen this I knew it had to be mine. I described it in my post about it as the baby sister of Shy Girl. It is a lovely milky peach shade and I have been wearing this with a small bit of the Bourjois cream blush in Nude Velvet 01 on my cheeks.

Origins Super Spot Remover 
While I was up in Dublin I went a little mad at the Origins counter. I am quickly becoming very obsessed with this brand and so far everything I've tried from them I've absolutely loved! So when I was in Dublin my skin was still going through that rough patch I told you about before (dryness, flakiness, breakouts galore!) so I decided to give this a go, I had heard such amazing things about it but at €18.50 for a tiny 10ml bottle I kept putting it off. I am sorry I didn't buy this earlier because it is just a miracle worker! First of all it will last you for ages because you really do need the tiniest amount at any time so 10ml's is plenty, second of all it will literally get rid of spots overnight! Those big nasty under the skin spots had my heart broke for a week or so before buying this but as soon as I popped it on the redness had gone down, the soreness went and within a day the spots had disappeared. I can not say enough good things about this product and if you suffer from nasty breakouts I definitely recommend you give this a go!

Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac - Black with Rose Gold Hardware
And last but certainly not least is the new love of my life. Becky (yes I have nicknamed her..don't judge) was a Birthday present and we have grown very fond of each other. I have been lusting after a Rebecca Minkoff for what seems like forever but I could never make the commitment on what colour/style I wanted. When I seen the Mini Mac in Black with the Rose Gold Hardware I knew I had to have it. I bought mine off the actual Rebecca Minkoff website and received fantastic service, it arrived in a week, beautifully wrapped. Even though it is smaller than the bags I would usually carry I have been loving not carrying round the kitchen sink with me and my shoulders are definitely thanking me for it.

So those are my favourites for the month of March. I can definitely say my most favourite "favourite" this month has been my new handbag, I am mad to do another "What's in my Bag" post to show you all how much I've managed to downsized since getting the smaller bag but I don't know if it's too soon after my last one? Let me know if you wouldn't mind seeing it and I'll definitely do one!


4 comments:

  1. I really want to try the NARS foundation. Their all day eyeliner is AMAZING.

    JSBeauty&Style. [I follow back, MAC giveaway running]
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loooove the Nuxe Reve De Miel lipbalm, I've talked about it quite a bit on my blog in the past!
    Love that bag so much :)
    alicekatex ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bag, love the nails Inc shade, love the Mac Lipstick and love the highlighter - woah! x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try Sheer Glow :) just worry it might be too much on my oily skin!
    Alana x

    www.dual-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete