Thursday 2 January 2014

2013 Top Products | Beauty



Hello Lovelies!

A big Happy 2014 to you all, I hope you all have an amazing year and all your dreams come true! As per the usual Beauty Blogger tradition I am writing about my favourite products of 2013. This year I have discovered so many new and different beauty products so it was extremely difficult to narrow it down, but I have split it up into two sections beauty and miscellaneous. 

So today I am starting off with the beauty, for foundation it has been all about the YSL Touche Eclat foundation for me this year, I bought it while I was over in London and instantly fell in love. It gives your skin the most gorgeous glow and lasts ages on the skin too! For concealer I discovered the Seventeen Phwoarr paint later on in the year and I have been using it ever since. It is an extremely heavy duty concealer and it literally covers everything! I use it both under my eyes and on blemishes, I find it does an amazing job at covering both without looking cakey or too obvious! To set my base is another late discovery and it is the Bourjois Healthy Mix powder, I am a massive fan of the foundation and concealer in this range so it is no surprise that I also love the powder. It leaves a lovely natural finish without looking powdery or chalky, I find it brilliant to bring with me during the day for touch ups. 

My favourite bronzer is the same as last years and it is my beloved Nars Laguna. This is just constantly in my make-up bag and I use it at least once a week. For blusher I have dabbled in and out of different ones this year, there has been lots of new releases such as the Bourjois cream blushes but the one that has not left my side is the Maxfactor Cream Blush in Soft Pink. It blends like a dream, stays put and the colour is gorgeous too! My favourite highlighter of the year is one that I lusted after for an age, and debated about getting for so long and it is the Nars Copacabana Illuminator. This is just beautiful. I wear it under my foundation, over it and sometimes I mix it in with my foundation for a bit more of a glow!

For brows the one stand out product is a new release from Maybelline and it is their Brow Drama, which is basically a tinted brow gel. It keeps my eyebrows in place while adding a little tint of colour which I love because if I don't want to do the whole filling in my brows thing! For eyeshadow the only palette I've really been reaching for this past year has been the Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette. It is a neutral palette consisting of mostly matte shades. You all know I love my mattes and my neutrals so this definitely served me well this year and I am tempted to purchase another one because I have hit pan on this one and it is practically falling apart! Mascaras again I have dabbled with quite a few but the one I seem to keep going back to is Maybelline Falsies. Such an amazing mascara that gives unbelievable volume to my lashes, I have also been using my Shu Uemera eyelash curlers on a daily basis and they really do make all the difference!

For lips it has been a combination of my beloved MAC Hue which I have gone through many many tubes of, and the Clarins Instant Lip Perfectors which literally stole my heart this year! I have never been a lip gloss girl up until I tried these. They smell lovely, last ages, are not sticky in the slightest and their shades are just gorgeous! 

I also had to do a quick mention of the gorgeous make-up bag making an appearance in this post and my festive make-up look post. Yes it is the beautiful Paul & Joe make-up bag that everyone has been talking about. I literally couldn't find this anywhere apart from Selfridges where I seriously contemplated paying €50 for it and for it to get shipped to Ireland - yes I wanted it that bad! That was until the fabulous Beth posted on twitter that she was selling hers and I jumped at the chance! It is the best thing for an organizational fiend like myself, there are so many sections, pockets and even separate bags that you can take out and bring with you if that's all you need! Love love love!! 

So those are my beauty picks of 2013, my miscellaneous post is coming soon! Let me know what your top beauty pick of 2013 has been, I'd love to know if we have been loving the same products or discover some new products for 2014!


10 comments:

  1. Wahhh I want a bag like the Paul and Joe one so much! It would be so useful for holidays and travelling.

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥ HUGE Giveaway Now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac hue I sooo beautiful! I've had before and it's on my birthday lost! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might have to try the healthy mix powder. I need a new powder and I hadn't considered this one before!
    http://photo-jenn-ic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag sounds amazing! Would love to get my hands on that foundation too :) Great post x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have none of those nor I have I tried them... I do love the look of Hue though x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked this post Danielle, haven't heard of that concealer or the Maybelline Brow Drama, lovely picks x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice picks. Would definitely like to try the naked basics one day :) happy new year

    http://bloglovin.com/dearstephiiie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always tell myself to get the laguna bronzer! I think I finally have to do it!

    http://chelsealeighbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice picks! I would love to try the naked basic and the maybelline brow gel. Loved this post :)

    -Marie xx

    marieaimelavie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I neeeed to try the YSL foundation! I'm so glad you love the NARS Copacabana illuminator :) xx

    ReplyDelete