Saturday 5 October 2013

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge


Hello Lovelies!
 
I'm sure you've all seen a million and one bloggers talking about the latest edition to the Real Techniques family at this stage but I thought I would tell you my opinions because for some reason I was really intrigued about this new release.
 
I have previously used the Cosmopolitan Make Up Sponge and was impressed with the results I got, but as far as using sponges go that is all I tried. The latest release from Real Techniques is shaped a little differently to the standard beauty sponges. It has a one flat surface, one curved and a pointy tip on the bottom which is meant to be for precise application.
 
I wasn't sure if this was one of the sponges you were meant to wet before you use it so I used it once dry and once when it was wet. To be honest I wasn't as blown away as I had hoped. The flat side was alot easier to use to apply my foundation compared to the normal one, but other than that I didn't find any difference compared to the Cosmo one. When I used it when it was slightly damp I did like the finish it left on my skin. I used it with the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and it gave a very light finish to it. When I did try to wash it though, it wasn't very successful. Unfortunately I think it's just one of those things that will always look dirty.
 
Over all I would recommend it if you were looking to try a beauty sponge for the first time, it is very easy to use and gives a gorgeous finish to your make up. But if you have tried other make up sponges before and own others, I really don't think this is that different to make the purchase.
 
Have you tried the latest edition to the Real Techniques collection? What are your thoughts?
 


22 comments:

  1. I bought one of these for my friends birthday, I really wish I'd picked one up for myself, I really want to try it as I've read mixed reviews

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it in boots by any chance ;> ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm a bit sad by this, I always expect something brilliant from Real Techniques. I've tried beauty sponges before and liked them, but if this isn't any better than the other offerings I think I'll keep away!

    Maxine, xx
    theblondeonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like it hun, just not for me! xx

      Delete
  4. I've yet to try any sponges to apply my foundation with but I'm very keen on giving it a go bec I've read that some sponges are great for girls who tend to suffer from dry patches as the sponge smooth over them, leaving a flawless finish. Just a shame about the washing it off. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my make-up products so not having the sponge completely clean after walking it off several times is rather off putting. But we shall see :) thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn auto correct. I meant "completely clean after washing it off" not walking. Lol.

      Delete
    2. I'm the same with things like that, it just completely puts me off! xx

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried this sponge but I love my beauty blender, but only wet I feel like they are useless dry lol!
    Great blog, new follower!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across your blog and fell in love with it! :)

    amylaurenxo.blgospot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent tried any sponges a yet but I have read a lot of good reviews on this, so it is nice to read something slightly different x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would definitely be a good one to try out because it's so cheap! x

      Delete
  8. I definitely think that sponges are one of those products that you can get which the cheap ones are actually as good as the expensive ones! Don't think i'll be trying this out after seeing some reviews.

    Caitlin | Perks Of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitley! I don't see what could be massively different about them xx

      Delete
  9. Such an awesome review! And very honest. I thought the shape would give it an edge but thats clearly not the case ^_^

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    don't forget to enter my Real Techniques giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not tried any makeup sponges at all something really puts me off trying them. I have been intrigued by this one though....aargh I'm so undecided on whether to get one haha such a good review though hun!

    Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also read mixed reviews about this but I don't think I will buy this one.I have been using the Cosmopolitan sponge which I like but now I prefer using brushes to apply my foundation.

    Ila x

    http://cleanserblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been using this for the past couple of weeks and I love it - it is great for applying foundation if you have dry skin :) x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete