Thursday 8 August 2013

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer


Hello Lovelies,
Recently I wrote about what is in my everyday make up bag and I released that some of the products that I love and use on an everyday basis actually haven't really got a mention on my blog yet. So thinking that was slightly unfair I have decided today is the day to let you know about one of my all time favourite products- the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. I do realise foundation primer may not be apart of every ones daily make up routine but for me my make up really wouldn't last an hour without it.
I have tried a few different brands, types and formula's of foundation primers but so far this is the one I have found to be the best for my skin and hasn't broken me out like some other primers have in the past. This primer is a very watery consistency and once applied to the skin it feels extremely lightweight and sinks in almost immediately. I also found that it kept my skin feeling nice and hydrated through out the day too. It leaves my skin feeling alot softer which helps with my foundation application leaving it looking alot smoother. It also helps it set nicely and the lasting power I find to have dramatically increased! One of the downsides to this is that it does have a slight smell which may not be everyones cup of tea, but once applied it is unnoticable!
It does come in two different size options, a 50ml tube and a handy 30ml travel size which is perfect if you want to give it a go before commiting to the full size which is expensive at over €30! I was lucky enough to find mine in a blog sale so I managed to get it cheaper, but sadly since I have fallen in love I will more than likely be forking out the full price..sob!
Have you tried this primer? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

12 comments:

  1. This will sound really silly, but I'm not entirely sure what primer is!! Perhaps you could write a few posts on "makeup for dummies" like me?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used some time ago and loved it! I switched to Benefit Porefessional cause I needed something 'stronger' to disappear with my pores but the Laura Mercier one is great :)

    Isabela | Fusels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Porefessional is meant to be really good! Have you tried the new L'oreal one?xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such a great primer, gaah why does it have to be so expensive? You may have just added another product to my never ending beauty wishlist! hehe! xxx

    VINTAGE TEAPOT | FASHION, BEAUTY & LIFE RAMBLES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this primer but it seems very expensive for what it is!


    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a special occasion primer...I just wish I could stick to that haha xx

      Delete
  5. Primer is way too much effort for the daily grind but it does make makeup last and look nicer

    Love Oresiri xoxo

    http://oresiriteru.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so tempted by this, I'm on the lookout for the perfect primer and I havent tried this one yet xx

    ReplyDelete