Wednesday 12 June 2013

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation







Hello Lovelies!

I'm not normally one for splashing out on foundation, but when I was in London recently I decided to treat myself and buy something that I have been lusting after since its release last year. As you can see from the pictures above it is the gorgeous Touche Eclat Foundation. I am such a massive fan of the highlighter pen and it is something that I always seem to have in my makeup collection. So when I heard that there was a foundation to be released I knew I had to have it!

The main reason I don't normally get higher-end foundations is because I'm so afraid of being matched to the wrong shade and having spent all that money on something that I can't use. Plus I tend to get a bit intimidated by the sales girls and get really awkward when they try to sell me something I know is not right. So one of the evenings that I was in London last week I was in House of Fraser with my mum just having a browse. I was in the YSL section and it was so quiet that I thought now is my chance, so I went up to the girl ( who was so so nice and helpful) and got myself matched and made my purchase and haven't looked back since!

First of all the packaging of the foundation is absolutely stunning. Once again YSL did not disappoint. It comes packaged in a gorgeous glass bottle with a gold top on it with the YSL logo on top. It is a very luxurious feeling product and would look amazing on a dressing table! The main point of this foundation is to direct light to the correct areas of the face according to YSL as opposed to be a heavy coverage foundation. Although if you know and have used the Touche Eclat pen you would know not to expect this to be a heavy coverage foundation! It is such a nice light feeling foundation but even though it is light, it still evens out your skin tone and adds a lovely "glow" to your skin. I did find that it wasn't the longest wearing foundation but when I paired it with a primer and topped up slightly throughout the day I got it to last a good 8 hours on me. I don't think it would work all that well with oilier skin types as I feel it would just slide off your face. My favourite way of applying this is either with my beloved Real Techniques Buffing Brush or with my fingers. Both of these methods leaves a gorgeous natural look.

I really would recommend you get a sample of this foundation if you are around a YSL counter. It comes in an impressive 22 shades is available to buy from counters or online here for £28.


11 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm intrigued! How does it compare to nearly naked? If you own the real techniques expert face brush you should definitely try it with this foundation! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this in October in the Duty Free when I went on holiday and I loved it in warm weather. I fell out of love with it over winter because even with a primer underneath it just found every pore and sat in them! I've tried to use it again recently and I don't love it as much as I did when I bought it. I want to love it but I just don't think it works for me that well.

    Vicky xo

    describethesky.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this foundation as well because it gave my skin just a healthy glow. The girl colour matched me wrongly though so it is slighty too dark for me. Will need to purchase another one soon :)

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh this looks lovely xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would love to try this one ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This foundation is on the top of my wish list!! LOVE IT!!! :)

    ♥ ♥ '' Think Pink | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog " ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's actually a better price than I'd have expected from YSL, my go-too 'good' foundation at the minute is Lancome, wish we had a YSL counter nearby! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a really gorgeous foundation.. I love it. The bottle looks stunning on my vanity too. I hope you had a lovely time in London, and you managed to snap up the things you've been craving for :D xxx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have super oily skin at the moment so don't think I will be trying this one out anytime soon but I really wish I could!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep umming and ahhing about this foundation, think I'm gonna do what you suggested and get a sample before I decide :) xx
    http://www.dolleduplondon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you like this foundation as well :) I think it's a fab light foundation and I'm glad a brand has finally branchd out into so many shades!

    My only issue is that mine is a tiny bit to dark for me, so I have to keep it for when Iv'e tanned!

    Rachel//www.twentysomethingbeauty.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete